Time of preparation: 40 minutes Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients (for two portions):
- Rice for risotto __ 200 grams (1 glass)
- White dry wine ___1 glass*
- Vegetable broth/water__500 ml
- Oil, Salt, Pepper
* If you have neither wine nor desire to run to the shop, you can still get very nice risotto with just broth or even simple hot water
1. Cut onion in very small pieces; put in the pot and fry 2-3 minutes (onion should “float” in the oil). Put rice in the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes constantly mixing, so that each rice grain absorbed some oil. Don’t wash the rice before cooking – risotto won’t be sticky as it should be!
2. Pour wine. From this moment you should repeat two simple steps: 1) mix risotto non-stop till the rice absorbs all liquid 2) when it happened and even bottom is dry, add a small portion of broth; and then go to the step one again. The preparation time varies depending on rice, but in general it takes around 20-25 minutes to make risotto. The final risotto should remind porridge in consistency and rice should be very soft.
Key success factors: mix non-stop and use warm broth/water 🙂 And that’s it 🙂 There are numerous variation of what to put in risotto, the simplest (but still very tasty) version with zucchini and cheese in the next post.