Tonight I had the guests and I was thinking how to surprise them – and recalled the wonderful and beautifully looking Feta and Tomato tart.
Time of preparation: 60 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Flour______________200 grams
- Water_____________6-8 tablespoons
- Butter____________ 100 grams
- Garlic_____________1 clove
- Bread_____________30 grams
- Balsamic vinegar___ 4 tablespoons
- Sugar_____________2 tablespoons
- Oregano__________ 1 tablespoon
- Tomatoes Cherry___ 450 grams*
- Thyme____________ 4 springs/1 teaspoon
- Feta Cheese_______ 100 grams
*It’s better to avoid taking too ripe tomatoes.
1. To prepare the shortcrust dough, Dice the butter, put it in a freezer for several minutes, then mix with flour in food processor or by hands (chop butter and flour with a big knife) until the small butter crumble. After add cold water, cover dough with cling film and put in the fridge for no less than 40 minutes.
2. Cut cherry tomatoes crosswise in two halves, and squeeze the seeds and juice in a cup. Strain the juice to remove the seeds.
3. Take an ovenproof pan (preferably, not mandatory). Fry the chopped garlic till golden color, add thyme and fry on the low flame for 2 more minutes. Start putting tomatoes in the pan with cut side up. Season each tomato with salt, pepper, oregano, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Pour tomato juice to the frying pen. Cook on the low flame for 15-20 minutes.
4. Crumble feta with fork, crumble bread with hands. If you are using ovenproof pan, cover tomatoes with feta- and breadcrumbs. If not, first relocate tomatoes in the baking dish without turning them, after cover with crumbs.
5. Roll out the dough and cover tomatoes. Roll edges inside. Bake for 30 minutes on 180C (350F).
6. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes and then invert on the serving plate.
Once I replace feta with tofu and it was also very good.
The tip: usually I make double amount of dough, divide it in two parts, one use and one keep as it is perfectly storable in the fridge. And in several days you can make for example French pie with cheese and leek .