The Greek cuisine is one of my favorite; they have a lot of ways of cooking aubergines. The following one – is fast and simple, but the final result is delicious.
Time of preparation: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Butter________1/2 cup
- Oregano______1 teaspoon
- Garlic________1 glove
- Sugar________1/2 teaspoon
- Natural Yoghurt ___250 grams
- Aubergine____1 kg
- Onion________1 big
- Canned Tomatoes ___ ½ of a can
- Grated Cheese_3 tablespoons
- Bread crumbles
- A tomato
1. Cut aubergines in slices and tomato – in small pieces. Put in the frying pan a little bit of oil, then fry tomato till it gives juice, then put aubergines and fry.
2. Melt butter in the pot, fry on it garlic and onion. Add salt, pepper, sugar, oregano, and diced tomatoes and ¼ of glass of water. Cook for 10 minutes. Mix the sauce with yoghurt.
3. But aubergines in the baking dish and pour sauce on them. Cover with grated cheese and bread crumbles. Bake on 180C (350F) for 20-25 minutes or till a golden crust.