Time of preparation: 40 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Sugar powder___ 80 grams
- Sugar__________ 50 grams
- Vanilla essence__1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon acid______1/2 teaspoon or juice of ½ lemon
- Flour___________60 grams
Optionally for sauce:
Sugar___________ 120 grams
1. Put all berries in a bowl without defrosting them. Make syrup from sugar and water (in a pot heat sugar with water, mix so that sugar will totally melt, let it boil). Pour the syrup on berries; let it stay.
2. Start whipping white-eggs with a pinch of salt. When the foam becomes stable, add lemon acid and sugar. Whip for few more minutes till the soft peaks. Add vanilla essence and whip a little bit more. Add flour with sugar powder and mix well.
3. Put the dough into the baking dish. DO NOT grease the dish! It’s better to use a rectangular form (like for plump cake) or very small round form, otherwise the cake will come down. Hit the baking dish on table several times (it helps to prevent halls inside and fill the dish most evenly). Bake for 20-25 minutes on 180C (350F). Turn the ready cake upside down and let it cool in that position.
4. Take the cake out: pass over the edges with knife and hit the form several times on table. The cake will drop out ☺
5. Serve with sauce or cream.
You can use remaining 5 yolks for White Chocolate and Strawberry cake