Time of preparation: 90 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Pears________2 soft
- White Chocolate__100 grams
- ½ of a lime or lemon
- Sugar Powder____50 grams
- Brown Sugar_____2 tablespoons
- Grappa_________1-2 tablespoons (can be replaced with rum, cognac etc. I used limoncello)
- Flour_________1,5 cups
- Eggs_________ 3
- Butter________ 110 grams
- Cream________150 ml
- Baking Powder_1 teaspoon
- Pinch of salt
5 tablespoons of sugar
1. Cut pears in quite thick slices. Pour on them the juice of a half of a lime/lemon, grappa and sprinkle with sugar. Let it stay for 20 minutes, then pour off the juice with grappa and save it.
2. Make syrup: heat 5 tablespoons of sugar with 5 tablespoons of water; cook till the sugar will totally melt.
3. Melt 100 grams of butter.
4. Cut chocolate in small pieces.
5. Whip eggs with sugar till foam; add cream and whip a little bit more.
6. Add melted butter, whip; add 1 cup of flour with baking powder, mix well. Add juice with grappa, syrup; mix; add the remaining flour and mix again.
7. Grease the baking dish with remaining butter; put pears and cover with chopped chocolates; pour dough on top. Bake on 190C (380F) for 45 minutes. Let it cool and decorate with sugar powder.