There are three very similarly looking cakes with jam, but really different in taste: Italian crostata, Austrian Linzer Torte and the experimental mixture of both.
Time of preparation: 90 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Flour_____300 grams
- Sugar____ 100 grams
- Eggs_____ 1 egg+1 yolk
- Butter_____125 grams
- Baking powder_ 1 teaspoon
- Sugar Powder for decoration
- Pinch of salt
*Classic Italian crostata is with apricot jam, but feel free to replace it with your favorite one. On picture the cake is done with bitter cherry jam.
1. Sift flour on a table. Put sugar, egg and yolk, butter, salt and baking powder on the top of a flour heap; mix fast in dough. Form a ball and place it in a fridge for at least half an hour.
2. Grease the baking dish with butter. Split the dough in two unequal parts, the bigger one roll out and put in the baking dish. Cover with jam (don’t put too much, 250 is ideal amount). Make stripes from the dough and decorate the cake.
3. Bake on 180C (360F) for 30-40 minutes. Decorate with sugar powder.