Going back from job I was wandering could it be any worse. The answer came very soon – I started whipping butter for cream and my mixer got broken. So the cupcakes are not the best looking ones. But tasty nonetheless. And I would like to express my huge disappointment with Kenwood Multipro – I can understand it’s a good blender or food processor and not really meant as a serious mixer – but still it really can’t be so fragile to get broken from the mild butter. Fi
Time of preparation: 40 minutes Difficulty: Middle
- Flour__________220 grams
- Sugar_________150 grams
- Baking Powder_1,5 teaspoons
- Salt___________1/3 teaspoons
- Butter_________110 grams
- Sour cream____ 120 grams
- Egg__________ 1
1. Melt butter and let it cool.
2. Whip eggs with sugar (for a minute, not more). Add butter and sour cream.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Add to the egg-butter mixture. Mix fast and put in the baking tray for cupcakes. It will seem that there is too little dough – don’t worry, it will grow. Bake on 180 C(360F) for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool and decorate with cream.
For Mascarpone Cream:
- Mascarpone____200 grams
- Yolk__________ 2
- Sugar_________2 tablespoons
- Cacao Powder_ 1 tablespoon
- Coffee Liquor__1 tablespoon
1. Whip yolks with sugar till white, add mascarpone, cacao and liquor and whip again to mix the ingredients evenly.
2. Put cream into the pastry bag and decorate the cupcakes.
For Coffee-Chocolate Cream:
- Butter________250 grams
- Milk_________ 100 ml
- Coffee_______ 40 ml
- Egg_________ 1
- Sugar________ 200 grams
- Vanilla essence_1 teaspoon
- Cacao________2 tablespoons
1. Mix coffee and milk. Add an egg and strain. Add sugar and heat on the low fire, constantly stirring. After it boils, cook for several more minutes till it becomes dense. Let it cool
2. Whip the butter (it should be of a room temperature) till white (for about 5 minutes). After add coffee cream spoon at a time, keeping whipping.
3. Finally add cacao and vanilla and whip one more time. Decorate the cupcakes.
If you don’t have time or have a broken Kenwood like myself, you can simply whip cream cheese with fork and use it for decoration.