The recipe I found in the wonderful blog of Afra, where you can see a better picture (it just happened that all my round baking dishes were occupied with some cakes, so mine breakfast was square-shaped) and find a lot of fantastic recipes and stories. This pancake is simply amazing – strange I’ve never seen it in the NL.
Time of preparation: 40 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Butter_____50 grams
- Eggs______3 (room temperature)
- Flour______60 grams
- A few drops of stevia (maple syrup, or sugar)
- A pinch of salt
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Icing sugar for decoration
1. Whip eggs.
2. Add milk, stevia, salt, vanilla and cinnamon if using, whip again.
3. Sift in the flour. Mix well.
4. Grease a warm baking dish with butter (you can put it in a while into oven while preheating it). Pour in the batter and bake for 20-30 minutes on 200C (400F), till the center becomes golden and edges turn lightly dark. Originally the baking dish was supposed to be round, but all my round dishes were occupied with cakes – so mine pancake is square.
5. Decorate with icing sugar and your favorite toppings.