Time of preparation: 20 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Milk_____________300 ml
- Self-raising Flour__225 grams
- Baking Powder___ 2 teaspoons
- Salt_____________1/4 teaspoons
- Butter___________100 grams
1. Melt the butter and let it cool.
2. Whisk the eggs with the milk. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt then whisk until fully combined. Add the cooled melted butter and gradually stir it through the mixture. It’s important not to stir the mixture any more after this or your waffles may be tough.
3. Grease the griddle-pan and put on the high heat. Pour in the batter, lower the heat to medium-low and cook the waffles for around 6 minutes. Flip over and continue to cook for another 6 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
Give the waffle an extra couple of minutes on each side to crisp up, then serve them with your toppings.
Tip: it is almost impossible to flip the full-size waffle. There are two possible solutions: or you pour in the batter with small portions and so have several smaller waffles or you cut your full-size waffles in four pieces and flip each of them.