Time of preparation: 40 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Self-Raising Flour__225 grams
- Caster Sugar______25 grams
- A pinch of salt
- Butter__________55 grams
- Milk_____________150 ml
- Mascarpone____200 grams
- Butter________250 grams
- Milk_________ 100 ml
- Coffee_______ 40 ml
- Egg_________ 1
- Sugar________ 200 grams
- Vanilla essence_1 teaspoon
- Cacao________2 tablespoons
1. Add salt to flour, add diced butter, mix with hands.
2. Stir in sugar and milk, mix well into a soft, elastic dough. Knead slightly on the floured surface and roll out into 2cm thick dough. Cut scones with a cutter (honestly, I don’t have one so I just cut the dough with knife in more or less similar pieces).
3. Slightly brush with a little bit of egg or milk (optional). Bake on 220C (350F) for 15 minutes, until golden and well-raised.
For Coffee-Chocolate Cream:
1. Mix coffee and milk. Add an egg and strain. Add sugar and heat on the low fire, constantly stirring. After it boils, cook for several more minutes till it becomes dense. Let it cool slightly.
2. Beat mascarpone. Add coffee cream, keeping whipping.
3. Finally add cacao and vanilla and whip one more time.