When I told my bf in an exited voice we were going to have cream zucchini soup, he asked me several times to leave this idea. But I decided to let it go and it turned out amazing – I would never think zucchini can give such rich taste to a soup! But it is very important to bake the garlic before you use it, otherwise the dish looses a lot of flavor. You can do it in advance, wen you bake something.
Time of preparation: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- One whole garlic
- Zucchini_______4 small
- Potatoes_______3 small
- Vegetable Broth_3-4 cups
- Butter________1 tablespoon
- Oil___________1 tablespoon
- Cream_________200 ml
1. Clean the garlic, removing just the upper skin, separate in cloves and bake for about half an hour on 200C (400F). When it is became colder, mice it.
2. Cut onion in small pieces. In a pot, pour olive oil and melt butter in it. Fry onion till golden.
3. Pile potatoes and cut them and zucchini in small cubes.
4. Pour broth into the pot, let it boil and add zucchini with potatoes. Add salt to taste, cook till ready for about 20 minutes.
5. Add garlic, mash the soup with a blender. Pour cream, add salt and pepper.