The main advantage of this cake is that it can be done with any berries up to your taste. I made it with gooseberries to get a slightly acid punch, but if you prefer a milder taste, use raspberries or any berries you prefer. I think even apples will fit hear easily, for the winter version of the same cake.
Time of preparation: 70 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Flour___________300 grams
- Icing Sugar______220 grams
- Butter__________255 grams
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Berries_________550 grams
Baking Powder____10 grams
1. Whisk the softened butter with icing sugar till fluffy and white.
2. Add eggs one after one, keep on whisking. The result should be light, airy mixture. Gradually add flour, baking powder, zest and juice of a lemon, mix well.
3. Put parchment into a baking dish, spread berries over the bottom of the dish and spoon the dough on them. Bake 60-70 minutes or till ready. Let it stay 5 minutes, take out of the baking dish and let it cool completely before removing the parchment. After turn it upside-down, and serve with a spoon of sour cream or ice cream.
Cake had such a great crust that I decided not to reverse it 🙂