Time of preparation: 15 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Garlic ____2 cloves
- Spaghetti_320 grams
- English Walnuts___70 grams
- Ricotta cheese____100 grams
- Breadcrumbs_____70 grams
Time of preparation: 35 minutes Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients (for two portions):
- Spaghetti______200 grams
- Aubergine_____ 1
- Onion_________ ½
- Red hot pepper_1
- Wine/water_____1 glass
- Vinegar________1 tablespoon
- Sugar_________ 1 tablespoon
Imagine, you have sudden guests who you would like to surprise with minimum time for cooking. These spaghetti can be an ideal solution!
Time of preparation: 25 minutes Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients (for 4):
- Spaghetti_____ 400 grams
- Pecorino Romano Cheese __ 50 grams
- Sugar________1 tablespoon
- Red Wine_____250 ml (I use Chianti)
- Butter________30 grams
- Nutmeg, Salt, Pepper
1. Melt the butter on the pan, cut leek in slices and fry on the melted butter. Leek must become soft, without turning dark. Add wine, sugar, pinch of nutmeg and let it cook for several minutes.
2. Put spaghetti boiling.
3. Put the wine-leek mixture in the blender; blend into homogeneous sauce. If the sauce is too dense for your taste, add a little bit of cooking water from spaghetti.
4. Mix sauce with spaghetti and grated pecorino cheese. Serve hot
This dish, very typical for southern Italy, can be literally translated as “whore’s spaghetti”. Italians say the history of this name remains unclear, must most probably it was used by the prostitutes in brothels to attract clients with the delirious smell. Moreover, it was fast and cheap, and it combined all typical ingredients – not surprising it is one of the most beloved dishes even nowadays. I saw a lot of strange recipes of spaghetti all puttanesca (even one with pesto), but I can assure you this one is the most traditional and spread all over Italy.
Time of preparation: 20 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Ingredients (4 portions):
- Spaghetti ____ 400 grams
- Tomatoes____500 grams
- Black olives__100 grams
- Anchovies___ 4 (I make vegetarian version without anchovies)
- Capers______ 1 table spoon
- Garlic _______ 1-2 cloves
- Parsley______ 1 tablespoon
- Chili pepper (fresh or powder) to taste
- Salt to taste